On March 2nd, the state of Israel will hold its third election within the past year, which has never happened before in the history of Israel’s statehood. Elections in Israel can be a confusing topic, especially with the unusual circumstances surrounding this particular election. Josiah McGee, Associate Director of Alumni Education, and Mattanah DeWitt, Media and Communications Program Coordinator, produced a podcast episode to unpack some of the complexities of this election.
The goal is to equip you to understand, converse, and learn more about Israeli politics, specifically pertaining to the upcoming election.
Click HERE to listen.
- The differences between the US and Isreali electoral systems
- The differences between US and Israeli voter issues
- The key players of the March 2nd election
- How Prime Minister Benjamin “Bibi” Netanyahu’s criminal charges could affect this election
- What to be looking for in the next week in regard to the election
To learn more about the Israel elections and other current events, visit the following publications: