- Is a Passages trip fair and balanced as it relates to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict?Passages is transparent about its beliefs. In particular, Passages believes Israel is a force for good in the region and in the world. That being said, we do not claim that Israel is perfect. In particular, we seek to offer a diverse array of speakers who approach modern geopolitical issues in Israel and the Middle East from a variety of perspectives. On the trip, students will meet with Israeli Jews, Israeli Arabs, Palestinian Arabs (both Christian and Muslim), and a member of the Israeli Maronite/Aramaic Christian community. We believe Passages participants are smart, good, and have the ability to identify truth and we therefore consider this an educational journey to both connect participants with the roots of their Christian faith as well as introduce them to modern Israel.
- How much does the trip cost?Trip participants are responsible to pay for these three areas of the trip:
1. Domestic airfare to and from a designated U.S. airport
2. A $680 registration fee and a $200 programmatic deposit totaling $880 ($200 programmatic deposit is refundable upon completion of the Passages post-trip program!)
3. Bring $80 cash while in Israel (This covers several lunches.)
- What does the trip include?The program includes roundtrip international airfare, lodging, transportation on a private coach bus, breakfast, dinner & 4 lunches, tour guide/site entrances and health insurance. Health insurance does not include pre-existing conditions. Referral is available for the purchase of additional travel insurance if desired.
- Is there anything I need to commit to in order to participate in the trip?Yes. We ask that all participants complete the pre-trip reading materials and videos (sent 3-4 weeks prior to the trip) and choose 3 items from a list of post-trip activities. Post-trip activities are meant to build upon what the participant experienced in Israel and to help the participant tell their Israel story to their communities.
- Is it safe?The safety and security of the students who participate in our program is paramount. We provide each bus with an armed medic/guard and our tour operator is in touch with the authorities on a continual basis should a situation arise within the country and the itinerary need to be changed accordingly.
- What do I bring on the trip?A trip manual will be sent to all participants 4-5 weeks prior to departure.
- How do I apply?If you are interested in receiving information on Passages’ application process, please submit your information on the Interest List HERE to contact us. Note- the interest list is not the same as our official application. If you have signed up for the interest list and spots become available on a trip, we may pull your name from the interest list and send you an official application.